OVERVIEW: This in-office position based in Salt Lake City, UT. Post Production Supervisor will supervise and motivate post-production creative personnel (up to 6 in-house freelance editors, graphic and motion designers, colorists, etc.) and serve as a liaison between Executive Producers to address any performance concerns.
- Maintain clarity of information and good channels of communication between Producers, Creatives, freelancers to ensure flow of services and make sure review and approval happens at critical times.
- Collaborate with the Executive Producers to codify and disseminate post-production best practices and policies, sourcing innovative solutions to improve efficiency and enforce compliance. Continually work to optimize process and workflow.
- Manage workload of multiple concurrent projects to ensure that all tasks in final stages of project’s production are finished on time and within budget.
- Manage project budgets and timelines.
- Currently have six unscripted television shows in varied stages of post as well as a steady flow of development projects
- Lead project teams and client communications.
- Serve as the post lead throughout the production process, from pre-pro to delivery.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.) to communicate action steps that ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
- QC/proof all deliverables.
- Be a contributing and collaborative member of executive team.
CHARACTERISTICS FOR SUCCESS
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in post-production focused role (Post Production Supervisor, Post Production Coordinator, ideally in unscripted Television and at least 2 years of relevant management experience
- Professional, calm and creative in a fast-paced and highly-pressure environment.
- Self-starter who instinctively takes charge, has a positive ‘team player’ approach, and is comfortable in dynamic and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven skills in creativity, problem-solving, follow-through, attention to detail, and priority setting.
- Deep knowledge of post-production and production process and equipment, specifically transcoding, audio editing, audio mixing, color grading and file organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Post Production cost efficiency expert with deep freelance artist resources
- A keen eye on emerging media and aptitude to incorporate new capabilities into our repertoire
- Enjoys project management and using new tools and software to help scale teams
- Must work well under deadlines, and can over-communicate, both efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Salary up to $120K + DOE
- Medical, 401k (once eligible), Paid time off, up to $5K towards relocation costs